Market competitive salary/rate
9 February 2023
About the job
As a system engineer you work in an international multidisciplinary team on the design, development and validation of a command & control system. Your team consists of representatives of the customer, suppliers of subsystems and other parties involved. In the team you are responsible for the technical design.
Activities include amongst others:
• Discuss operational needs together with the customer
• Design the architecture of the command & control system
• Define the functional behavior of the system
• Define interfaces between the Thales command & control system and 3rd party subsystems
• Manage technical issues of subcontracts during the development of the Mission Solution
• Demonstrate the solution to the customer
When you join our group you will have a varied working week. One moment you discuss your solution with the customer, the other you spend defining the interaction between the command & control system and other systems on board of the ship. You frequently meet with your team to learn from each other and to discuss progress.
• Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, aerospace engineering or similar field
• Generalist, with a broad interest in technology
• Communication skills and able to work in multidisciplinary teams
• High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
• Extensive experience in system engineering
• Affinity with project management
• Fluency in spoken and written English ( pre if they can speak Dutch )
• Flexibility with respect to travelling abroad and being part of an international environment
This is a 2-year project with longer term potential. Opportunities for payroll or contract employment constructions.
6 months in the Netherlands on site, then 6 months + on location of choice.
Only Dutch or EU nationals may apply. Candidate should be Netherlands-based.